The photo mosaic software was first made publish in 2004 under the name "Foto-Mosaik". Since then, is has been further developed and newly designed from the ground up many times. In July 2011 Version 6.x from Foto-Mosaik-Edda appeared, which brought dramatic improvements and new features.
- User friendly: An assistant supports you through the creation of your photo mosaic picture.
Types of photo mosaic pictures:
- Classic photo mosaic picture : tiles are arranged in a matrix side by side with constant alignment of the mosaic tiles (portrait/landscape/square).
- Parquet photo mosaic picture *: tiles are arranged like a parquet floor, so landscape and portrait formatted tiles are used together.
- Chaos photo mosaic picture *: chaotic arrangement of the mosaic tiles
- 64 bit support : more than 2 GB memory at your disposal.
- Multi-core capable: complex calculations can be distributed over several processor cores.
- Available as Installation or Portable : The portable version can be copied onto a USB stick.
- Supports these picture formats : JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF und TIF
Data base creation
- Automatically recognizes photo orientation : Using EXIF-Data the photo orientation (portrait/landscape) is automatically recognized (if supported by the camera).
- Quickly analyses and reads the photos
Photo mosaic creation
Extensive options for controlling the photo
- Maximum number of times a tile may be repeated
- Forced use of all photos in the database *
- Avoids using the same tiles next to each other *
- Separation of the photo mosaic picture into more than one part, which can be processed separately. This is useful for very large photo mosaic pictures which will be made up of multiple posters.
- Setting the tile format for different camers: 4:3 for normal digital cameras, 3:2 for DSLR cameras, 16:9 for cinema-/video photos.
- Integrated image viewer to judge the creation of the photo mosaic picture
- Order a poster : possibility to easily order a poster right from the program
* only in the Professional Version. See: License